UDig Helps Retailer Integrate & Optimize Transportation Systems
UDig assisted a national automotive retailer to integrate and optimize their investment in Oracle Transportation Manager providing route optimization, load balancing and visibility into transportation moves. The team built the workflow layer and database, as well as assessed the long term possibilities leveraging Force.com as a platform as a service. The client now has better visibility into transportation moves and is able to optimize loads with seamless integration into existing systems.
- A national automotive retailer needed help integrating Oracle Transportation Manager (OTM) with their existing workflow systems.
- The legacy system integrated with several operational systems, replacing it with OTM created gaps in information and operational issues.
- In order to maximize their investment in OTM and best architect their internal systems for optimal performance, the client turned to UDig.
- UDig architected and built a workflow layer between OTM and the client’s existing internal applications.
- The team conducted user interviews onsite at retail locations to better understand the system and process flows.
- By identifying gaps in operations and user experience, the team architected and designed a workflow layer and database bridging the internal systems with OTM.
- In addition, UDig’s consultants were able to help the client assess their long-term software needs, making the determination to leverage Force.com as a PAAS and creating a system of record for all transportation moves. This solution provides flexibility and scalability for the future.
Tools and Methodologies
- Oracle Transportation Manager