Software Delivery Accelerators
Accelerate Time to Business Value
Building custom software is a significant and risky investment. Whether building to streamline an internal company process, launching a new customer-facing product, or anywhere in between, UDig’s process focuses on the value-add activities and deliverables that drive success. Starting with our Software Delivery Accelerator is a great way to ensure your project stays on budget, is completed on time, and successfully meets stakeholder objectives.
Projects with a well-defined scope were 60% more likely to be successful than without.
Projects with a formal plan were 30% more likely to be successful than without a plan.
Where Does This Fit?
Most software projects operate using an agile or iterative delivery model like scrum. These agile frameworks all start with some form of a prioritized list of features based on business value, usually referred to as a product backlog, that facilities incremental delivery of value. Unfortunately, the gap in many of these frameworks is that they don’t provide guidance on how to get from product idea to product backlog. That’s where our Software Delivery Accelerator fills the gap, we help you go from idea to development ready.
1. Interview & Assess
- Conduct kickoff with key executive stakeholders
- Conduct discovery meetings, stakeholder interviews, and contextual inquiry sessions
- Review current systems, processes, or documentation
- Discovery Meeting Summaries
- Project Charter
2. Research & Plan
- Conduct research into identified business and technology needs
- Synthesize all findings and begin to produce components of the plan
- Conduct follow-up meetings as needed to clarify understanding
- Conduct a preliminary review of findings with stakeholders
- Findings, Recommendations, & Ideas
- Status Checkpoint Documentation
3. Refine & Deliver
- Assemble final plan
- Conduct initial reviews of the plan with key stakeholders and collect feedback
- Refine the plan
- Present and deliver the final plan and product backlog
- Solution Guide
- Proposal for Next Steps
Comprehensive discovery and scoping effort to define a custom software solution and deliver a roadmap to understand the expected total investment.
- Project charter
- Future state definition
- Design concept
- Software delivery roadmap
- Solution architecture & technology stack recommendation
- Proposal for executing the next phase
Establish your vision, market positioning, and technology stack then accelerate delivery by establishing your initial product backlog.
Everything in Basic plus:
- Review of existing system code and data
- Market positioning assessment
- Business risk analysis
- Multiple design concepts
- User journey map
- Initial product backlog
Bring innovation to your enterprise by identifying opportunities to break the “this is how we’ve always done it” mold by adopting emerging technologies and practices.
Everything in Premium plus:
- Review sessions with your enterprise architecture team
- Incorporate any enterprise standards, procedures, or processes
- Document privacy, security, and compliance considerations
- Preliminary quality & rollout strategy
- Data migration strategy
All the core deliverables to ensure you have an executable plan and key stakeholder buy-in.
A better set of visuals and an initial product backlog that is ready for a technical team to engage.
Additional consideration for constraints and alignment needed to execute in a complex organization.
Meeting Summaries & Status Reporting
Good communication is critical to the success of any project, especially at the beginning. UDig includes meeting summaries and status reports at all package levels (basic, premium, & enterprise) of the Software Delivery Accelerators to ensure that all findings and requirements uncovered in the interview and discovery sessions are captured and documented so all stakeholders are informed of the project’s progress.
Market Positioning Assessment
Project Goals, Objectives, & Impact
Constraints: Time & Schedule
Constraints: Cost & Budget
Risk Management: Project Risks
Risk Management: Business Risks
Success Criteria: General
Success Criteria: Stakeholder Specific
Solution Scope Definition
Current State Definition
Future State Definition including Architecture
Technology Stack Recommendation Including Consideration of Third-Party Platforms & Services
Enterprise Alignment Assessment
Roadmap: Incremental Delivery Plan
Roadmap: Sequencing Recommendations
Roadmap: Estimated Sizing
Privacy, Security, & Compliance Considerations
Quality & Rollout Strategy
Data Migration Strategy
Initial Product Backlog
Design: Design Concepts
Design: User Journey Maps
SUBSET OF SCOPE DEFINITION
TIMELINE & TEAM
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do you recommend these activities and deliverables?
Will some of these deliverables just become shelf-ware?
How do I know what package is right for my project?
What if we have already completed this work, can you start with our existing documentation?
How much will the next phase of my project cost?