UiPath recently announced its acquisition of Re:infer, a natural language processing (NLP) company for communications and unstructured documents. Why should you care? We’ll tell you.
- “Automating the interpretation of documents and communications data bridges the gap between humans and information technology systems, and structured and unstructured data to supercharge digital transformation efforts in the enterprise.”
- – Dr. Ed Challis, CEO and Co-Founder of Re:infer
Depending on how UiPath integrates Re:infer‘s NLP technology, this could be a much-needed asset for UiPath. Native Intelligent Document Processing (IDP) and NLP activities that actually work in real-world use-cases are missing in the current RPA platforms.
How could this directly benefit UiPath’s robotic process automation (RPA) offering? Here are 5 of the many use cases:
- Improve Document Understanding – Help bots understand the text sentiment and meaning of document content, especially when interpreting free-form fields.
- Read Unstructured Emails – Allow an automation to understand the sentiment of inbound emails to determine which actions the bot should take.
- Named Entity Recognition (NER) – Recognize and categorize words as entities. For example, NER would categorize “Jessa” as a person, “Virginia” as a location, and “Car” as an object.
- Know your Customer Requirements – Ease requirements for banks/mortgage lenders/credit unions by sifting through emails and submitting data to pull out the necessary information.
- Chatbots – Enhance chatbots by understanding, analyzing, and prioritizing questions based on their complexity, resulting in faster turnaround time by automations than by humans.
Our Intelligent Automation team is excited to see everything Re:infer has to offer and how it can improve UiPath’s already impressive platform!
Interested in learning more about UiPath and its pursuit of greater market share in the automation space? Download our eBook, “The RPA Wars, The Early Years.”